Friday, December 10, 2010

21 November 2010 Arrival home

Sunday 21 November 2010

What a trip - long.  14.5 hours direct flight after some hour or more delay.  Almost left my good camera, as my seat rows were called and I started to rush to the line - until someone spoke up and said, you left your camera on the floor.  So went back and got it.  Guy next to me zonked out right away, while aisle guy seemed to be restless.  Then, after supper, I went off to sleep, waking and needing to go to the bathroom.  The next seat guy was wide awake and stayed that way watching a television series on his laptop the rest of the way.  It was dark, really dark almost the whole trip - couldn't see anything up near the pole.

In Newark I had a long wait, from about 5 am to 1 pm flight to Richmond.  Long, long lines waiting to go through customs.  About 1 hour further wait until my two suitcases came through, so I could pass them on for delivery to the Richmond flight. Sat around, and sat around, and sat around.  Toe hurting badly.  Did some Internet as I signed up for a day on Boing at $8.  Checking in with Deej via living room webcam, as she took off for shopping at Short Pump around 10 am.

Flight to Richmond fine - but wonder why they always seem to go south, down along the coast almost to Norfolk, and then turn and head back up to the northwest to get to Richmond.

Arrived early so had my luggage already as Deej came through the door.  Great to see her again. Nice ride home,dosing some.  Stayed awake until about 11 pm.

A long, long trip, but good to be home.

No comments: